|Product / Service||TYLENOL 500MG|
|Category||A03. Online: Fiction|
|Entrant||INNORED Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|Idea Creation||INNORED Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|Media Placement||INNORED Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|PR||INNORED Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|Production||MUSEUM CONTENTS Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|Kang Choihee||Museumcontents||Production EP|
|Kim Jihoon||Museumcontents||Production PD|
|Jeon Jeonguk||Museumcontents||Production Director|
|Peter paul & merry||Peter paul & merry||Sound|
We approached the problem with a viral campaign that is unique as well as humorous that likens a headache to a chicken on your head. People wake up with and egg in a nest on his head, symbolizing the headache. The egg hatched into a chick and eventually becomes a full-grown chicken that can make a mess of his whole day. The key message was simple "Don't let your headache get worse and ruin your day"
Because this creative story involved using chick/chicken as the analogy of growing headache, we used 30 real chickens and 15 chicks to make the film more engaging and believable. Additionally, we hired a professional who had expertise in controlling the chickens and 5 assistant staffs who helped manage them on set. 90% of the chicken being shown on the final video product is real chicken being filmed, and the remaining 10% is chicken that was integrated using 2D animation. The film was shot all in a day.The film was published live on December 25, 2016.
The video went viral, recording more than 1 million views in the first two days of its release while enjoying widespread engagement with users across social media channels. The campaign earned more than 7 Million views on digital platforms, achieving 111% of the KPI. Not only did this campaign earn high views, it also increased real consumer off-take of the product. After the campaign, Tylenol brand increased in market share by +0.1pts in drug and CBS channels. According to the client, the reason why Tylenol brand was able to gain shares was mainly that of SKU obtained from 'Tylenol 500mg', the campaign product. When looking at Drug channel only, shares gained by +0.5pts and sales increased by +6.4% compared to the previous year.
This work fits well with the entertainment category because it communicates relatable consumer insight to the target consumers in late 20-30s in a witty way about headaches they experience while getting adjusted in the workplace. Furthermore, although unintended, the use of chicken as a representation of a headache was read humorously in the political light at the time as well.
After conducting market research, we realized that there is an untapped segment of our target consumer who does not that OTC medicine at all regardless of the person's health condition. Thus, we wanted to persuade these audience to gain recognition of the 'need' to consume this category product and make dominant product in this category as Tylenol 500mg.