|Product / Service||TYLENOL 500MG|
|Category||A01. OTC Oral Medicines|
|Entrant||INNORED Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|Idea Creation||INNORED Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|Media Placement||INNORED Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|PR||INNORED Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|Production||MUSEUM CONTENTS Seoul, SOUTH KOREA|
|Kang Choihee||Museumcontents||Production EP|
|Kim Jihoon||Museumcontents||Production PD|
|Jeon Jeonguk||Museumcontents||Production Director|
|Peter paul & merry||Peter paul & merry||Sound|
The TVC likens a headache to a chicken on your head. When you wake up in the morning with a headache and avoid taking Tylenol to relieve the pain, things will only get worse as your day goes on. A businessman wakes up with an egg in a nest on his head, symbolizing the headache. He reaches for the Tylenol on the night stand, but hesitates and instead chooses not to take it before going to work. On the bus during his commute, the egg hatches into a chick and eventually becomes a full-grown chicken that can make a mess of his entire day at the office. By humorously highlighting the obvious negative consequences of a day in the life of a typical white-collar person with a chicken on his head, we communicate a simple message: 'Don't let your headache get worse and ruin your day. Take Tylenol'.
Because this creative story involved using chick/chicken as an analogy of growing headache, we used 30 real chickens and 15 chicks to make the film more engaging and believable. Additionally, we hired a professional who had expertise in controlling the chickens and 5 assistant staffs who helped manage them on set. 90% of the chicken being shown on the final video product is real chicken being filmed, and the remaining 10% chicken that was integrated using 2D animation. The film was shot all in a day.
The campaign earned more than 7 Million views on digital platforms, achieving 111% of the KPI. Not only did this campaign earn high views, it also increased real consumer off-take of the product. After the campaign, Tylenol brand increased in market share by +0.1pts in drug and CBS channels. According to the client, the reason why Tylenol brand was able to gain shares was mainly that of SKU obtained from 'Tylenol 500mg', the campaign product. When looking at Drug channel only, shares gained by +0.5pts and sales increased by +6.4% compared to the previous year.
The Headache Chicken is relevant for this category because the campaign effectively communicates the disadvantages of not consuming Tylenol 500mg in digital mediums YouTube and Facebook. Instead of communicating in a traditional route, the film compels the audience by a unique storyline that is both fantastical and relatable.
After conducting market research, we realized that there is an untapped segment of our target consumer who does not that OTC medicine at all regardless of the person's health condition. Thus, we wanted to persuade these audiences to gain recognition of the 'need' to consume this category product and make dominant product in this category as Tylenol 500mg.